This American Heart Association hands-on class covers one and two-rescuer adult, child, and infant CPR, AED use, choking, and bag mask use. This class is appropriate for professional rescuers: nurses, EMTs, dental/doctor’s offices, and many other healthcare professionals.
- Additional information
Updated with the latest (2015) guidelines, this American Heart Association (AHA) instructor-led hands on class covers one and two-rescuer adult, child, and infant CPR, AED use, choking, and bag mask use. This class is appropriate for professional rescuers: nurses, EMTs, dental/doctor’s offices, and many other healthcare professions. Students will receive an American Heart Association certification card valid for two years upon completion of the course (there is both a physical skills test and a written test required). There are no prerequisites for this course; enrollment is not limited to healthcare professionals.
Students completing the BLS class will learn and practice the following skills:
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
The AHA’s BLS courses reinforce understanding of the importance of early CPR and defibrillation, performing basic steps of CPR, relieving choking, using an AED, and the role of each link in the Chain of Survival.
Upon successful completion of the class, students will receive an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Card, valid for 2 years.
- Class length is approximately 4.5 hours depending on class size
- Suitable for first time students and those requiring a refresher
Mar 16, 2018, May 18, 2018, Jul 20, 2018, Sep 21, 2018, Nov 9, 2018
8:30 am to 1:00 pm